14 November 2007

Chettinad Special !!!!


This is my first post. Your food blogs inspired me a lot and today made me to create my own blog with the help of my husband. I would like to share my recipes with you.

Chettinad recipes are famous for its spices. This Eggplant( Brinjal) curry called “Therakkal” is a well - known side dish which goes well with Idly, Dosa, Roti and Parotta.

Ingredients:

Eggplant -3
Potato – 1 (big)
Tomato – 1
Onion – 1
Curry leaves –few
Coriander leaves - few
For Masala:
Grren Chillies – 4
Red Chillies – 6
Saunf – ½ tbsp
Jeera – ½ tbsp
Cashews – 2
Chana dal (Dhalia) – 1 tbsp
Coconut – ½ cup(fresh)
For Seasoning:
Saunf – ¼ tsp
Pepper – 5 seeds
Cinnamon – 1 small piece

Method:

1. Cut all the vegetables into small sizes and keep aside.
2. Grind the masala ingredients.
3. Pour some oil into the pan and make the seasoning.
4. Then add the finely chopped onion , tomato, potato and brinjal in order.
5. Then fry it for sometime at very low heat.
6. Then add the masala and add 2 ½ cups of water to it.
7. Let it to boil under medium heat until it get thickens.
8. Finally add few curry leaves and chopped coriander leaves to it and serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment