06 February 2008

Cabbage Capsicum

Cabbage is my favourite vegetable but in the case of my husband, it is straight opposite. So, I thought of cooking it in a way, in which he likes.........While thinking about the second vegetable , suddenly capsicum came into my mind........which is my husband's favourite.And finally, got the solution of what to do with this cabbage.Just, I have combined both of our favourites and atlast he said, "it's yummy".

Ingredients:
Cabbage(shredded) - 1 cup
Capsicum - 1 cup (chopped)
Red Chilli - 2
Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tbsp
Urad Dal - 1/2 tbsp
Shredded Coconut - 1 tbsp
Turmeric Powder - a pinch
Sugar - 1 tsp
Salt


Method:
1. Shred the cabbage finely and keep aside.
2. Chop the capsicum into thin lengthy strips.
3. Now add a tbsp of oil into the pan and add mustard seeds.
4. When they start to pop add urad dal and broken red chillies.
5. Add the cabbage and capsicum into the pan and add turmeric powder.
6. Stir it for a a minute, add sugar and cover tightly and cook on low flame.
7. After few minutes add salt and cook for about 5 minutes.
8. Once it get cooked add coconut and serve with hot rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment