01 April 2008

Summer Treat

Another refreshing drink next to watermelon in summer is cantaloupe juice. We enjoyed our childhood, with those summer time specials coconut water, cantaloupe juice, masala buttermilk and watermelon etc..Its hard to forget those days....especially my mom's preparation.

Whenever I get cantaloupe from store, I used to prepare juice from half of it. And the other half by dipping the fruit slices in sugar syrup.That was my husband's childhood favourite and I experimented on it.It was really good.I don't have the pictures right now......I will post it soon.Always cantaloupe's are less sweet,so addition of sugar is must and good ripe ones are best for making juices.



We used to take a glass full of fresh juice evryday during our breakfast. So, I keep on experimenting some juice varieties to bring some variations.This time, I tried this in my mom's way. Remove the rind of the fruit and cut them into small cubes.So that, it will be easier to mash it in blender. Add 1 cup of water to 2 cups of fruit ,few ice cubes and sugar as per your taste.Give it to the blender to make a round and serve chilled. You can make variations like watermelon juice by adding a tsp of pepper,pinch of salt, sugar and a tbsp of lime juice to cantaloupe.But,I like in this way.



No comments:

Post a Comment